Thursday, December 4, 2008

Where am I?

I am writing this post from the HBO offices in Santa Monica, where Matt and I are filming some stuff for the web comedy series we're in called "Man in the Box." (Look it up on youtube.)

Pretty much the first thing I saw when we landed at LAX last night (besides the most glorious smelling Cinnabon stand ever) was a little boy with a giant Optimus Prime backpack. I tried to get my camera out and take a picture of it, but I wasn't able to in time. After that, the kid was hanging out by baggage claim with parents and sibs, and I couldn't get a clear shot of his back without looking like some weird pedophile, so I gave up. Nonetheless, I was thrilled to see that Prime is still beloved by younger generations, even if their exposure to him is through Michael Bay's ricockulous movies.

Planning for this LA trip was so last minute and hectic, I feel like a left a lot hanging back in Cleveland. Including casting Zach for "Unethical." Lisa emailed me Tuesday to see if I'd figured out anyone for the role, and honestly, I've barely thought about it, I've been so swamped. When we get back, I need to focus. The first read through is in a few weeks.

If you live in the LA area, come check out Matt and Last Call Cleveland performing Fri., Dec. 5, at iO West in Hollywood at 10 p.m.

No comments: