Monday, December 15, 2008

Prime reference #3


I've truly been slacking on keeping up with this blog. My excuse is I've been traveling, then sick. Anyway, back to business:

The next in my series of "Prime" references is part of the ongoing debate the characters have as to which cartoon character would make the best president. After the debate has been abandoned, Jeremy brings it back in an effort to distract and steer conversation away from his blow up with best friend and future brother-in-law Kevin. So, he suggests Lion-O from "The Thundercats" as a candidate:

KEVIN:
Later, Matty.
Pussycat, explain to Jeremy why Lion-O is a dumb choice.

STEPH:
Oh, well, Lion-O hung with Panthro, an obvious racial stereotype. We don't want a president who endorses that kind of latent bigotry.

JEREMY:
Pathro was a stereotype?

STEPH:
They all were! Lion-O was the white knight hero. Panthro was the token black guy. Cheetara was the one-dimensional woman with a three-dimensional figure. And Tygra was gay.

JEREMY:
He was not!

STEPH:
Hello! Did you ever even watch the show? It was so obvious.

At the end of this scene, Stuey challenges his buddies to see if anyone knows Snarf's real name. Do any of you know it? (No cheating, people who have read/seen the play.)

Speaking of "Prime," I am so behind on rewrites for this. AND I haven't heard an update from Fourth Wall in forever. I'm still waiting for confirmation on the director, so I can call her and talk and find out when we're doing auditions. If any of you Fourth Wallers are reading this, give me a buzz. I'll be hunting you guys down tomorrow. Diva playwright is nervous being kept out of the loop!

No comments: