Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pre-holiday playwright's jitters

Lisa is planning to start "Unethical" rehearsals in January, so I feel like I can disappear into the vortex that is Pittsburgh for the holidays without worrying about that one. I am quite secure in my knowledge that it will proceed as scheduled in the new year. Remember, tickets are already on sale here.

I'm not feeling as secure about the other one. I haven't heard from Fourth Wall about "Prime" in forever. And really, auditions should be happening soon. Unfortunately, almost all of my previous communication with the production staff has been via email and Facebook. Seriously, guys, if you're reading this, call me. I just want to know that everything's OK, that plans are in motion, and that you don't need me to be doing anything important right now. Please check in. Please!

I went into this thinking "Prime" would be easier to do than "Unethical." The script was in much better shape when I got confirmation the show was going to be done, and I was excited to be produced by someone else. What a dream - my script would be performed, and I wouldn't be responsible for the set, logistics, casting, marketing, etc. I thought "Unethical" would be way more stressful because the whole point of Big [BOX] is that CPT gives me nothing but the theater, and I'm supposed to create everything myself. So far, with the help of Lisa and soon the involvement of the cast, I feel like "Unethical" is very secure ...  as opposed to "Prime," which feels like a huge unknown. Maybe I'm a control freak. I don't know. But I do need some sort of communication to put my mind at ease.

No comments: