Monday, November 24, 2008

Prime reference #2


I sent the new draft of "Unethical" to Lisa and actors last night. Man, does it feel good to have that done!

As for "Prime," here is another favorite geek reference moment. This comes from Steph's opening monologue. I'm fond of this because I actually felt this way myself as a child. My guy friends and I would play and watch He-Man all the time ... there were only three girls in the show: one was evil (Evil-Lyn), one was a plot and personality non-entity (Teela), and one was a total wimp (see below). It was frustrating.


STEPH
But I guess most of all I want to be a sorceress. Now, I don't want to be a lame sorceress like the one in Castle Grey Skull. You know how she does, like, one magic spell, and then she totally gets all weak and tired and powerless? And she can't even leave Grey Skull or she loses her power and faints and falls down and acts stupid! I'm not going to be like that.


Strictly speaking, the sorceress could leave Grey Skull in the form of Zoar the falcon, but when you're fighting the evil forces of Skeletor, would you rather have someone who can wield earth-changing supernatural forces at your side or a screeching bird circling over your head? It's a no-brainer to me, but I left that point out of the script for the sake of brevity and the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with "Prime's" characters or plot.

No comments: