Wednesday, February 11, 2009

UnE rehearsal: I'm just doing what you told me

Lisa is sick with a bad cold, so last night's rehearsal was sans director. But, she left me instructions, so we proceeded anyway.

Ran the whole show off book, calling for lines. It's definitely coming along, but Team ESP is pretty antsy to get into the space. Right now a lot of the cast seems to feel like they're spinning their wheels until we can solidify blocking on the set and start using props and such. Monday will be a big day. They seem very solid on character and intention, though there were a few throwaway moments and character breaks last night when lines got in the way. They all know what they're doing, and I'm not concerned.

I just got off the phone with Lisa, and she won't be at tonight's rehearsal either. But we're going to do another run. Then we're on break until tech week begins so the actors can focus on memorization over the weekend, since there will be no line calling on Monday, I imagine.

I've got to finish the program insert and settle some logistical issues before Monday. Lisa's working on props and music. It's all coming together, but it's starting to occur to em just how short the time is to pull all these little things non-writing, non-acting things together. 

1 comment:

pengo said...

Just remember - it's Big Box. Don't make the rest of us look bad.