Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tech continues

Ugh, I've been so remiss in posting. I've got other things on my mind. (This would be the perfect spot for some preciously smiling or winking emoticon, if I were into that sort of thing.)

So, UnE opens tomorrow. And the amazing thing is, I'm not feeling at all crazed. Part of that is because Lisa and our "admin assistants" Michael and Diana have taken care of so many details I just expected to be on my plate, making my life so much easier. Another part of that is Dan jumping in and hitting the ground running so competently when it comes to our lights and sound. There's also the whole actors totally getting it thing. I'm sure the nerves will kick in tomorrow night around in right before house opens. Dan advises doing a shot before the show, but I'm sure I'll face the anxiety totally sober.

Last night's run was incredibly encouraging. It was a little slower in terms of pace and energy than we'd hope the performances would be. But in the slower pace, the intentions and reactions were really coming through. I saw new approaches to moments from everyone, particularly Kristy and Laurel, that really worked. (I even heard Lisa make "ah!" noises every so often when actors found new tactics and intentions on certain lines.)

The scene changes are going smoothly, and the light and sound cues were mostly right on. After the run we futzed with a few things, but Dan seems to have it well in hand. When we were done last night, he said, "It looks like a show." And really, who can ask for more than that?

We're still a few props short, and a few lines that I really want heard were dropped. And while the minor "fight" Kelly Elliott choreographed for us looks good, it could be a bit sharper. But we've got one more night to polish everything a bit more and add the most important prop: cake.

I just found out that we're almost sold out for Friday. Wow. Hopefully, a few people actually show up on Sat. and Sun. too!

1 comment:

pengo said...

See you Saturday. Have a fabulous opening!