Monday, February 2, 2009

OP4P is cast!

Jenna announced the cast for Prime on Friday. It contains many familiar faces, but in different roles than before.

Cast in order of appearance:
Steph: Aubrey Fisher
Kevin: Josh Brown
Matt: Stuart Hoffman
Jeremy: Shawn Galligan
Stuey: Andrew Goldsworth
Sierra: Sarah Kunchik
Teacher/ Bar tender (and stage manager): Robert Daniels

The last role listed is something a little different my Fourth Wall friends came up that I'm very excited about. The off-stage voice of the teacher has always been read by the stage manager in every past production. But since the show's never been fully staged before, we've never dealt with how the characters will get their food and drink. So, for this production, the sm's booth is going to be on the floor, not up above the seats. It will double as the bar, and the sm will have the food back there with him, so actors can just walk up to the bar and grab it. I think it will be very cool.

I'm looking forward to rehearsals starting for OP4P, but right now the focus for me stays on UnE. We've lost several days due to weather, so I'm hoping we can get back on track soon. If I were an actor in the show, I don't think I'd be that nervous about canceled rehearsals. I'd feel like I could still do my work and pull it off. But as the playwright/ producer, every day we lose weighs on my mind.

1 comment:

Ellamourne said...

I'm very much looking forward to starting. Got a chance to read the script last night and it's fantastic!