Friday, January 23, 2009

UnE rehearsal: in absentia

So, Lisa emailed me a glowing report about the rehearsal I missed on Wednesday. She, Laurel and Brian worked the opening scene that establishes Zach and Nora's couplehood, and then they went over all of the other scenes they have together to track the arc of their relationship. Lisa says Laurel and Brian have found a cute dynamic, and the opening flirty scene sounds like it's going to be charming. Yay!

In her email, Lisa described the process and/or the actors as "great," "nice" and "fabulous." (All good words for a somewhat nervous playwright and somewhat frustrated Margi to hear. It lifted me temporarily out of my stomach-twisted-in-knots irritable mood yesterday.) And a special gold star to Brian for already being off-book for scene 1!

If anyone out there reading this can't wait 4 weeks for Unethical to open, you should go down to CPT this weekend and see David Hansen's solo performance piece "...And Then You Die." Matt and I will be there Saturday. Read all about it here.

1 comment:

Ellamourne said...

I can't wait to come see Unethical. Lisa was my drama director all through high school and I haven't seen her in years, but isn't she fantastic?